14 BEST HYDROPONIC TOWER SYSTEM 2023
What should you do when you don’t have enough ground area to meet all of your planting requirements? This is the reason that inspired people to create the idea of vertical farming.
Vertical farming is the practice of growing crops in stacked layers. As the name suggests, vertical hydroponics is a combination of hydroponics and vertical farming. There are various additional names for this technique. Tower hydroponics, tower gardens, and vertical grow systems are the most often used terms.
Hence, there will be several stacked levels in a vertical hydroponics grow system, with plants being produced on each level. In cities and other urban places, it is strongly related to farming and gardening. We think this article will help you if you are looking for the best hydroponic tower system for indoor or outdoor usage.
Advantages of Vertical Hydroponics
- It is not necessary to have soil – Of course, this is a benefit that all hydroponics systems share in common. Yet, soilless growth is ideal for a vertical structure. Weeds and bugs grow less when there is no soil. Vertical hydroponics is now the simplest and most practical type of vertical gardening.
- Productivity and efficiency – Using these systems, you can grow at least three or four plants, if not more, on the same amount of surface area as one. The perfect fertilizer combination and lighting conditions can result in high growth.
- Minimal Maintenance & Wastage – A closed nutrient+water flow system is common in vertical hydroponic towers. The water continues to circulate, thus there is no runoff. This eliminates the waste of valuable materials and nutrients. To reduce maintenance, the entire procedure can be automated.
- Small and space-saving design – This is one of the key reasons why many experts believe vertical gardening is the future of food production. This is perfect for urban gardening because you can increase your yield even in small indoor spaces.
Disadvantages of Vertical hydroponics
Of course, every system has its shortcomings and limitations. While attempting vertical hydroponics for the first time, any grower will face many challenges:
- Problems with Light Supply – A staggered design can help outdoor vertical tower gardens with their lighting issues. Instead of stacking layers directly on top of each other, space them strategically. Nonetheless, it might be difficult to even out lighting levels indoors. Using separate grow lamps for each layer could be the answer.
- Difficulties with Water Flow – A growing system with only one level of plants is significantly easier to construct. It is not difficult to provide equal amounts of water and nutrients to all plants in this environment. As plants are stacked, higher-powered pumps may be required to reach the top levels. Lower levels may be drowned if not carefully designed.
Factors to Consider in Choosing Your Vertical Hydroponic System
Consider the following variables while selecting your vertical hydroponic system:
1. Sizes – Calculate how much space the hydroponic system requires and how many plants it can support.
2. User-friendliness – Search for a system that is simple to construct and operate, especially if you are new to hydroponic gardening.
3. Maintenance – Choose a system that is simple to clean, maintain, and repair.
4. Price – Vertical hydroponic systems come in a variety of price ranges, so make sure to compare prices to get the best deal. Always look for a product that has the best features at a reasonable price.
5. The kind of plants you want to grow – Some systems work better with different plant types than others, so be sure to check this, especially if you plan to grow a particular kind of plant.
Best Outdoor and Indoor Hydroponic Tower Systems
1. Gardyn 1.0 Vertical Indoor Hydroponics System
The Garden 1.0 Vertical Indoor Hydroponics Growing System is a favorite of both experienced and novice hydroponic gardeners. The system can grow up to 30 plants at once and contains up to 6 gallons of water. It also includes lighting, seeds, and everything else you need to get started. Furthermore, the system includes a built-in smart assistant that assists you in maintaining the garden unit.
- System type: hydroponic.
- 6 gallons of water capacity.
- 30 plant capacity.
|Can grow up to 30 plants at the same time||It is more expensive than other gardens, but it is also much smarter|
|There is no need for further seeds, pods, or purchases|
|Garden maintenance with AI technologies|
|Integrated grow lights|
2. Aerospring 27-Plant Vertical Hydroponics System
Certain vertical gardening methods necessitate some trial and error with regard to location, lighting, and airflow before you begin to see results. But, the Aerospring hydroponics system eliminates all uncertainty associated with indoor plant development by including not just built-in LED lights but also a tent with reflective white inside panels and a fan. Because of the six strategically arranged to-grow lights, its two-in-one convertible system and hexagonal design can produce up to 30% greater growth when zipped up. The system’s 20-gallon water reservoir saves you time by letting you replenish less frequently while also assisting in better managing the nutrients for each plant.
- The size of this system, which occupies an area of around 10 square feet, is 2×28.
- Without any sunlight, up to 27 plants, including a range of fruits, vegetables, and herbs, can be harvested.
- Gardeners who are just starting out will find this technique to be very user-friendly because it essentially handles all the work for you.
|A total of six in-built grow lights||Seeds are not provided|
|Includes a WiFi smart timer||It takes up a lot of room|
|Tented design with incorporated fan||More expensive than other models|
3. Gardyn 2.0 Bundle
The Gardyn 2.0 Bundle is an indoor-growing kit that essentially looks after your plants for you by combining hydroponics and smart technologies.
In addition to having access to Kelby, this hydroponic arrangement includes seeds, an LED grow lamp, a water tank, and a light timer. This AI-powered software tracks the progress of your plants, warns you when they require water or nutrients, and even offers recipes depending on what you’re growing. You may grow up to 30 different Non-GMO plants in this tower, which is only two square feet in size. It contains two high-resolution cameras, and water, temperature, and humidity sensors, allowing you to monitor your plants from anywhere in the world at any time.
- Even though it is larger than some other versions (60x12x24), this hydroponic tower may still fit in confined areas. You may cultivate up to 30 different fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
- This hydroponic system includes an LED grow light, a light timer, a water tank, and access to an AI-powered app.
|Includes a plant-coaching AI app||A monthly charge is required for the app|
|Includes all accessories||More pricey than the majority of models|
|30 unique organic seeds||It consumes a lot of electricity|
4. eSuperegrow Hydroponics Growing System
Even novice gardeners will find this indoor vertical hydroponic system to be an excellent alternative because it is clever, straightforward, and easy to assemble, and disassemble. It is made of two layers and features a separate planting groove and water tank. This improves air and water circulation, offering more oxygen to plants and allowing them to grow quicker and better. As it is double-layered, once the plant roots grow too big, you won’t have to worry about broken pumps or bad water circulation.
The eSuperegrow hydroponic kit employs submersible pumps, which have a longer lifespan and higher quality than air pumps. The self-watering feature on this eSuperegrow hydroponic kit will serve as a reminder for you to accomplish your to-do list. The germination kit contains three layers of trellis, making it ideal for growing plants such as basil, coriander, mint, peppers, and eggplants.
- Size of the product: 33.4 x 29.1 x 73.6 inches
- Weight is 63.6 pounds.
5. Lettuce Grow Farmstand 36-Plant Hydroponic System
This hydroponic tower does not require a green thumb to operate. You don’t have to worry about anything because the system takes care of everything for you. It includes over 50 different seedlings to choose from, ranging from veggies and fruits to herbs and edible flowers, as well as a pH testing kit and pH Down to improve the water health of your crops. Simply select from five various sizes (you can always add on later) and place your pre-sprouted seedlings into the 36 planting pods that are provided. With only a few basic weekly care tasks, you may begin enjoying delicious and nutritious homegrown vegetables in as little as three weeks.
- This model has more than enough space to accommodate 36 plants, including your favorites.
- This hydroponic tower is freestanding, so no hanging or mounting is required.
- Watering and Fertilizing Automatically.
- Your plants receive water and nutrients from the hydroponic tower.
|In three weeks, you can harvest||LED lights are available for purchase separately|
|Not many further tools are needed||Weekly maintenance duties are required|
|A wide range of plant species||More expensive than other models|
6. EXO Garden Hydroponic Growing System Vertical Tower
A remarkable yield of leafy greens, herbs, fruits, and flowers can be produced using the EXO hydroponic growing system in as little as two square feet. The hydroponic tower is made of strong, food-grade plastic and can support up to 28 plants at the same time. This soil-free option feeds your plants with water and a nutrient-rich solution rather than spending hours weeding or tilling the soil. As a result, it is the best option for beginners. To keep your hydroponic tower in good condition, you only need to perform weekly maintenance tasks that take less than ten minutes and replace the nutrients in the tower every four to six weeks.
- This hydroponic tower’s dimensions are 42x13x13, making it suitable for confined spaces.
- Up to 24 plants in a variety of sizes can be grown.
- It is easy to set up and maintain this hydroponic system.
|There is no need for dirt or soil||An additional lighting kit is required|
|Can enjoy gardening all year||Not as high-yield|
|Weekly maintenance of 10 minutes||Only inside|
7. LAPOND Hydroponic Grow Kit
LAPOND’s Hydroponic Grow Kit is another maybe lesser-known product, but as you can see, it deserves your attention just as much as any other item on our list. If you are unfamiliar with NFT systems, they are among the most effective hydroponic techniques and systems for using water, nutrients, and energy. For instance, this one can produce up to 108 plants at once and only uses 3 to 5 gallons of water. It is perfect for growing leafy greens, small vegetables, flowers, herbs, and beginning plants.
- The system type is NFT.
- It has a 3 – 5 gallons of water capacity.
- The capacity of the plant is 108
|It can grow a whooping 108 plants||There is no reservoir included|
|The design incorporates food-safe PVC grow pipes|
|Simple to construct and use|
|This is ideal for leafy vegetables and small plants|
8. Nutrabinns Automated Hydroponic Tower Grow System
Nutrabinns has another excellent option – their Automatic Hydroponic Grow System. Up to 80 plants can be supported at once by the reservoir’s capacity of 30 gallons of water. The system can be quickly and easily set up, it can be used for both indoor and outdoor operations, and it is smaller than other units. Aeroponics is this type of system. 30-gallon water capacity. 80 plant capacity
|Capable of growing up to 80 plants at once||Quite pricey|
|It can be utilized indoors as well as outdoors||It takes up a lot more space than other systems|
|Simple to use and set up|
|Crops require less time to grow|
|Simple to assemble|
9. Mr. Stacky 5-Tier Stackable Planter -outdoor
A fully equipped hydroponic system with all the bells and whistles is not something that everyone is willing to invest in. If you want to dip a toe into the hydroponic gardening pool, this Mr. Stacky five-tier stackable planter is a wonderful place to start. Each 12-inch-diameter food-safe polypropylene planter can hold up to 25 gallons of soil and is made of stackable polypropylene that may be stacked five high to save space. You just need to water the top plant in hydroponic planters; the water will soak down to the plants below because they have drainage holes and a saucer at the bottom.
- This hydroponic tower holds up to 20 plants and is ideal for small settings.
- The innovative flow-through design of this hydroponic tower helps you save time and water.
- This tower has a maximum soil capacity of 25 quarts.
|A budget-friendly choice||Requires more care and watering|
|Saves water and space||Optimal lighting is required|
|Grow up to 20 plants||Further gardening experience is required|
10. Bio Green City Jungle Hydroponic Gardening System
The Hydroponic Gardening System from Bio Green City Jungle is a reliable deep water culture (DWC)-type vertical hydroponic system to take into account your indoor or outdoor growing requirements, especially if you are considering trying your hand at hydroponic peppers, tomatoes, or melons. These systems are also suitable for dwarf trees, shrubs, and a variety of other plants. DWC kind of system. The 4.5-gallon volume of water. Plant capacity: two medium-sized plants
|Produces larger plants than other systems||Doesn’t produce a big number of plants, but does produce large and tall plants such as tomatoes.|
|It has a self-watering design|
|Simple to construct|
|It is simple to learn and may be used both indoors and outdoors|
11. WEPLANT Vertical Hydroponic Growing System
The WEPLANT Vertical Hydroponic Growing System is a sturdy NFT system that is vertically oriented. The device is long-lasting and secure, and it works well with any reservoir of at least 3 gallons that you offer. The device uses four food-safe PVC pipes to grow up to 36 plants at once. The only disadvantage is that the drain may use an improvement.
- NFT is the system type.
- 3 to 5 gallons of water capacity.
- The capacity of the plant: 36
|Grows 36 plants||It does not include a reservoir|
|The NFT hydroponic design is|
|An improved drain design would be nice|
|Four traditional PVC grow pipes are included|
|It includes net pots|
|This method works nicely with 1-inch rockwool cubes|
|It includes net pots|
12. Rocita Hydroponic Grow Kit
A second NFT alternative for your vertical hydroponic farming needs is the Rocita Hydroponic Grow Kit. The system has four levels of grow pipes (12 in total) and is ideal for lettuce, spinach, flowers, herbs, and other plants. The reservoir size varies based on what you provide, but the system can support up to 108 plants.
- NFT is the system type.
- 10 to 30 gallons of water capacity.
- The capacity of the plant: is 108
|There are four simplified layers and a total of 12 grow pipes||You must add your own reservoir to the system|
|It may grow up to 108 plants at once|
|The NFT method is used|
|Excellent for leafy greens and small vegetables|
13. Greenstalk Patented Large 5 Tier Vertical Garden Planter
The Greenstalk Patented Big 5 Tier Vertical Garden Planter has a unique technique that uses gravity to water all levels uniformly. At the top, there is a water reservoir that regulates how much water you should use. It employs a drip system to ensure that water is distributed evenly to all plants. The advantage of this drip system is that it eliminates water waste, but you must be careful while installing it to verify that you have done so correctly.
Because of its compact size, this system can be used on balconies, porches, gardens, or greenhouses. When not in use, you can stack it to make more space. This also makes it portable. Another advantage is that, despite its small size, it can support up to 90 different plants. This unit is a good alternative if you are looking for a dependable hydroponic garden tower that will eliminate pest concerns. It also has a user-friendly design, which means that anyone may use it without difficulty.
|User-friendly design||Casters aren’t very good|
|Items without BPA|
|Food crops are quite safe|
|The warranty period of 5 years|
14. PVC Vertical Grow Tower Add-On for Hydroponics Best PVC Hydroponic Tower
The PVC Vertical Grow Tower is manually manufactured with materials from the United States to increase durability. This tower has up to 16 slots for various crops, like basil, lettuce, parsley, strawberries, and more, to ensure that you get superior plant harvests. Also, it includes 16 extra premium, strong net pots with a diameter of 2 inches as a bonus. PVC pipe with hand-made holes, observe how beautifully this little garden decorates your front door. Look at a pre-made garden if you don’t want to go the difficult route and do it yourself; you might like it.
These pots are reusable and simple to clean. This hydroponic PVC system also includes a galvanized steel chain and quick links that can sustain up to 20 pounds of hanging weight. This PVC hydroponic tower is ideal for home gardens, patios, greenhouses, commercial and agricultural farms, and more. It is also suitable for use in indoor vertical hydroponic systems.
|Increases yields by 5 times||Little pots|
|Water delivery options are easily customizable|
|It enables you to develop more in less space|
|Stainless steel chain is long-lasting|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What Plants Do Well in Hydroponic Towers?
- A: In these systems, you can produce a variety of plants, including vegetables, herbs, fruits, and other species.
- However, some plants, such as fruits, may require the use of a grow cage to sustain their weight. Particularly leafy greens such as Lettuce, Kale, Chard, Green mustard, mustard, Salad Greens, and Spinach. We think this article will help you if you are looking for the best hydroponic tower system for indoor or outdoor usage. Vegetables can be cultivated as well. These are some examples: Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Eggplants, Peppers, Strawberries
- Q: Are Hydroponic Towers a Good Investment?
- A: Hydroponic towers are ideal for growing plants in small spaces. They are advantageous in that they do not require soil. Aside from that, vertical hydroponic towers allow you to cultivate a large number of plants.